My friend, M.E.A., asked me to post a few words about what I actually do at the Taipei American School. Your wish is my command!
I am a high school college counselor. This means that I guide 38 students from the senior class (letters L to T in the alphabet) through the college application process. I help them decide which colleges to apply to, navigate the application process, and decide on a topic for their college essay. I also work with parents to help them better understand the college process as a whole.
When I worked at Trinity College, I need to know everything about Trinity. Now that I'm on the other side of the desk, I need to know everything about every college in the United States (most students will go to college in the US)...and in several other countries including Australia, Canada, and China. I have wonderful co-workers who I often lean on and I do a lot of behind-the-scenes research.
I am truly enjoying this position and it has been an adventure to learn about so many different colleges. It makes me want to go back to college!
2 comments:
So fun! I am thrilled that you are so happy with everything over there! What an incredible adventure and blessing all wrapped in one! Miss you guys!
So when do you get to visit some of these colleges that you need to know about?
Post a Comment