Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pingxi Lantern Festival

The lantern festival marks the end of Chinese New Year. Wishes for the new year are written on the lanterns and then sent up into the sky. This was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen and ranks very high on the top 10 most amazing experiences in my life. There is no way to describe this event in words and, although they certainly don't do it justice, I hope you enjoy the pictures we took.





We sent up our own lantern with many happy wishes for our family in the new year. We even wrote wishes for our friends and extended family, and we hope you feel the warmth of these wishes throughout the year. Happy year of the rabbit!

1 comment:

The Chron Family said...

That's awesome Shana! I am so excited about all of the amazing experiences that you guys are getting to experience! Hope all is well!!!