Sunday, September 1, 2013

Everland

For Teddy's fifth birthday, we decided to go big...we took him to the largest amusement park in Asia! Everland is about 20K outside of Seoul but in a city with 20 million people that means that it takes two and a half hours to get there. Here is our faithful carload of amusement park enthusiasts.


We had a really fun day going on rides and eating some fun amusement park foods. Shana was very sad that she couldn't go on many rides, but she hopes to go back in the future. Wink. Wink, Michael!

The entrance to Everland. It felt like a bit of a Disney knockoff but we weren't complaining!


Our friend Brian trying on the kitty ears that were all over the park and on everyone's head. We thought they were cool but couldn't justify the Disney-like prices!


Just one of the amazing parts of Everland - a giant fantasy tree that didn't really serve a function but did encourage us to take lots of pictures of its coolness.


We were very intregued with the dog exhibit at the zoo. I don't think I've ever seen regular house dogs at a zoo. The best part (which I didn't get a picture of) were the three South Korean Military soldiers who were taking pictures of all the dogs. Very strange!


There was only one ride I could go on in the whole park and that was a safari. I made the whole group stand in line for almost two hours for this eight minute ride, it was very cool - a duck boat that goes through an African animal safari. Teddy doesn't look too impressed but I thought it was neat.


Since I couldn't go on any rides, I decided to take a few self-portraits with various ceramic animals around the park.


I also got up close and personal with the nice Korean lady working the German food concession stand. Nice lederhosen!


Teddy and I ordered a "spoon pizza" for lunch which turned out to be as advertised. It was basically all of the toppings on a pizza (including French fries) melted into a pan. Apparently I needed a plastic glove to eat it!


I did get on one more ride with Teddy, the carousel, but the told me I wasn't allowed to ride on the stationary horse next to Teddy. I was kind of embarrassed to hold up the ride, but happy that I could be there with Teddy.


We enjoyed the water park, too!



And finally the tea cups.


















No comments: