Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Sri Lanka, Colombo: Christmas 2016

We spent our first day traveling from Dubai to Doha to Colombo, and we arrived late afternoon into Colombo. We didn't have much time to see the city with two little people but we had more than enough time to explore our amazing hotel, the Colombo Courtyard (not a Marriott hotel).

When we got to the airport the really nice guy at the check in desk gave us this travel band for bunny, who is always with Teddy wherever we go. Big Lebowski fans, anyone?


When Ripley was born, I swore that I would never dress the boys alike. Gulp! Now I love to do it. I just couldn't resist these totally adorable travel jammies with the airplane print.


We had just enough time to enjoy the beautiful pool...


And look at all the amazing custome artwork around the hotel. Everything is made with recycled bike parts. I loved the crows and the tree.




We found this funny little notice on our televisions. We don't get it but it caused more than a few laughs when we saw it!


The next morning we had a delicious breakfast, although Ripley doesn't feel too excited about his waffles, before heading to the beach!


A few bonus pictures from the trip: an artsy shot of Teddy during dinner on the roof of the hotel and Teddy outside our room.












No comments: