Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Australia - Scuba at the Zoo

We decided to meet our friend Scuba and her son Riley at the Zoo. The best way to get there, luckily, is on the ferry so we were treated to an amazing view of the harbor bridge and the opera house.


The first thing we had to do at the zoo was to see some Australian wildlife.  While the koala usually sleeps for 20 hours a day, we just happened to arrive when one was on the move!  We also got to see several kangaroos, a crocodile, a Tasmanian devil, and lots of creepy snakes.
Next, we went by the lion enclosure which is just a glass wall.  To our surprise the lion was hanging out right in front of the glass so we had an amazing view of him.  I had never thought being three feet away from a lion could be so cool!


Riley and Teddy then decided to get into the act and be a bat-eared fox!
We got to see the seal show and I volunteered when they asked for someone from the audience.  It was so amazing to be so close to the seals until they hit the water and I got soaked in salt water!
This is the spectacular view of the iconic Sydney skyline from the giraffe enclosure!


On our way home, Teddy and I got our picture taken in front of the opera house!

No comments: